C12 develops a reliable & application-specific quantum computer, to solve highly complex computing tasks, currently out of reach of the most powerful supercomputers.
Building a quantum computer still needs innovators ready to tackle exciting challenges. C12 founders are convinced that only a new material for the qubit will bring a technological breakthrough.
C12 uniquely uses carbon nanotubes (CNT) as the fundamental building blocks of its quantum processor. This high-purity material minimizes errors, radically improves performance and reduces hardware overhead for fault-tolerant computing. Combined with well-established semiconductor techniques, carbon nanotubes will help scale quantum computing, just as silicon revolutionized classical computing.
Founded in 2020, C12 Quantum Electronics is a fast-growing start-up, having raised a seed round of USD 10 million in June 2021 and building its own lab in the heart of Paris (Panthéon).
Your role at C12 Quantum Electronics
Under the supervision of our Head of CNT Growth, you will contribute to the highly selective synthesis of Carbon Nanotubes by Catalytic Chemical Vapour Deposition process (tube diameter, band gap, defects, chirality, …).
Your job will involve:
– Designing and conducting complex experiments, including :
– Optimizing the catalyst chemical formulation and deposition techniques
– Optimizing the CVD parameters (gas, rates, temperature, pressure, …)
– Improving the spin Qubit fidelity with isotopically purified carbon precursors
– Scaling the CVD process by improving the hardware and control software.
– Improving the current understanding of CNT growth mechanism.
– Working with the CNT Characterization Team (SEM, Raman, Rayleigh).
– You have a master’s degree from an engineering school in physics or a related field.
– You are an interdisciplinary engineer at heart.
– You have some experience in rapid prototyping, hardware and software.
– You love just as much experimental lab work as understanding the physics behind.
– You are detail-oriented and organized in your work and documentation style.
– A prior experience with carbon nanotubes or CVD processes is a plus.
– Good communication in English (verbal and written) is essential.
You should join us if…
– You want to contribute to achieve landmark results in quantum computing, making a difference in the emerging quantum technologies
– You want to work within a 20-people team with various backgrounds in nanofabrication, quantum electronics, and carbon nanotube science to create a revolutionary quantum computing processor
– You want to thrive in a exceptional scientific environment with several industrial and academic partners
– You relate to our values (excellence, scientific integrity, diversity, curiosity, and care) and want to help us define our product-focus culture and ambition to accelerate
How to apply
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Published on April 08, 2022