The „Munich Quantum Valley e.V.“ is Bavaria’s new initiative to foster quantum sciences and quantum technologies. It serves as central hub between research, industry and general public and focuses on developing and operating competitive quantum computers in Germany. To coordinate the efforts of the MQV inside the Technical University of Munich (TUM), the Chair of Technical Physics is looking for a full-time position as
Project Manager (m/f/d) „Munich Quantum Valley“
How you will support us:
- Coordinate the interaction with the respective network involving other research institutes, startups and industry partners
- Drive concept development and launch a novel quantum technology park on the Campus Garching
- Monitor progress of the overall project and develop of strategies to steer the project towards realization of quantum computer demonstrators
- Represent the interface between scientific leaders, industry partners and central office of the MQV
- Strategically support the scientists of TUM within the interdisciplinary consortia
- Coordinate reporting towards MQV central office and project sponsors
- University degree (ideally a PhD)
- High-tech enthusiast with experience in the broader area of quantum sciences
- Professional experience in project management and strong organizational skills
- Very good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven and pragmatic way of working with a high degree of ownership
- Strong team player comfortable to navigate a large and diverse stakeholder landscape
- Fluent knowledge of English and German
- Ideally knowledge of project management software and tools (e.g. MS Office)
What you can expect in return:
- A diversified portfolio of interesting and challenging tasks in an international university with the opportunity to acquire excelling competencies in project and science management
- Work within a young, dynamic and highly motivated environment consisting of scientists and researchers located at the Walther-Meißner-Institut (WMI)
- Become part of our unique network of exceptional research institutions, strong industry partners and the Munich Quantum Valley e.V. as Germany’s leading quantum computing center
- Get insight into the latest trends in quantum computers and work in one of the hottest fields of technological innovation
- Working relationship will initially be restricted to two years after start, further extension of the contract is intended. Compensation and terms are in line with full-time positions according to TV-L E14.
How to apply
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the universityâs research and teaching strategies. Preferences will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.
Please apply with a cover letter stating the earliest date of entry, CV and copies of your most important certificates in one pdf-file by September 17, 2023 via email@example.com with the subject â2023-KL-PM-MQVâ.
Technical University of Munich
85748 Garching, Deutschland
Want to share your own job opportunity?