ICFO is offering a postdoctoral position to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment.
The successful candidate will be joining the Super-resolution Light Microscopy & Nanoscopy (SLN) Research Facility at ICFO led by Dr. Pablo Loza-Alvarez which is equipped with front-end microscopy techniques that are able to operate a step beyond the commercial state of the art.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing algorithms, workflows and software tools to manage and analyze, using AI, the large amount of image data generated by our fast volumetric imaging microscopes with the objective to extract features and infer neuron connectivity in an efficient way. The successful candidate will closely work within the Applied AI group at PIC, while keeping close contact with the microscope development and data taking group at ICFO.
Candidates must hold, at the time of contract initiation, an internationally-recognized Ph.D.-equivalent degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future) preferably in Computer Science, AI, Bioinformatics or relevant field.
The candidate should have:
- Experience with deep learning and AI, including frameworks as PyTorch, Jax or Tensorflow.
- Experience in Python and data science libraries, such as Numpy and Pandas.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with team members, supervisors, and researchers.
- Being proactive. Having the ability to independently manage project implementation.
- Ability to implement an agile approach for solving complex problems. Fast prototyping.
- Interest for keeping up to date with state of the art in AI/DL.
- Experience in large data management.
- Interest in the life sciences area, specifically bioimage data analysis.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
ICFO is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates are selected exclusively on merit and potential on the basis of submitted application material. No restrictions related to disabilities, citizenship or gender apply to ICFO positions. ICFO abides by the principles of openness, efficiency, transparency, supportiveness, and international comparability as stated in the European Charter for Researchers and the European Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
Salaries for ICFO Postdoctoral positions are assigned by the Selection Committee, based on experience and seniority of the applicant, as well as the assigned tasks and responsibilities within the group. Standard salaries range from a lower level aligned with national Ramon-y-Cajal fellowships to higher levels aligned with Marie Skłodowska-Curie individual fellowships.
The contract is offered for a period of 3 year.
Additionally, a family allowance is also available on request and after corresponding approval for people with family charges in the terms described in the corresponding policy.
How to apply
Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
- Presentation letter with a declaration of interest,
- Curriculum Vitae, including contact details,
- The contact e-mail of two potential referees.
Candidates will be assessed as they apply and the call will remain open until the suitable candidate is identified.
For update information about the hosting group, please visit https://www.icfo.eu/research-group/4/sln/home.
For updated information about ICFO, please visit https://www.icfo.eu.
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 3
08860 Castelldefels, Barcelona, Spanien
Want to share your own job opportunity?