ICFO is offering a staff scientist position to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment.
The successful candidate will be joining the Medical Optics group led by Prof. Dr. Turgut Durduran and is expected to:
- Carry out (pre-)clinical experiments.
- Supervise design of new optical platforms.
- Retain expertise in standardized ex vivo and in vivo testing.
- Maintain and organize group’s instrumentation, software, testing platforms and tools.
- Supervise sub-teams on specific areas of focus.
- Maintain contact with external collaborators.
- Publish and present scientific results.
- Participate in outreach and other dissemination activities.
- Assist in grant writing.
- Co-train junior researchers.
Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized Ph.D.-equivalent degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future) preferably in physics with experience in light scattering methods.
The candidate should have:
- Experience in playing a team-leader role in Horizon 2020 projects.
- Publication record in near-infrared diffuse optics.
- Publication record with trans-disciplinary, inter-sectoral teams related to biomedical optics.
- Experience in tissue simulating phantoms, algorithms, in vivo data acquisition and interpretation, device design validation and deployment in diffuse optics for clinical applications.
- Experience in oncological, endocrinological and critical care applications.
ICFO is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates are selected exclusively on merit and potential on the basis of submitted application material. No restrictions related to disabilities, citizenship or gender apply to ICFO positions. ICFO abides by the principles of openness, efficiency, transparency, supportiveness, and international comparability as stated in the European Charter for Researchers and the European Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
Salary is offered according to the institutional salary scales.
The contract is offered for a full-time permanent position.
Additionally, a family allowance is also available on request and after corresponding approval for people with family charges in the terms described in the corresponding policy.
How to apply
Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
- Presentation letter with a declaration of interest,
- Curriculum Vitae, including contact details,
- The contact e-mail of two potential referees.
Candidates will be assessed as they apply and the call will remain open until the suitable candidate is identified.
For update information about the hosting group, please visit https://www.icfo.eu/research-group/16/medical/home.
For updated information about ICFO, please visit https://www.icfo.eu.
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 3
08860 Castelldefels, Barcelona, Spanien
Want to share your own job opportunity?