ICFO is a research center located in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the metropolitan area of Barcelona, and currently hosts 400+ people, including researchers, PhD students and staff personnel. Today, in its area of specialization and category, the institute is consistently ranked among the highest-quality research institutions worldwide.
ICFO’s NFL Team is responsible for managing and running the Nanofabrication Laboratory (NFL), a clean room ISO 6/7 research core facility, and the Nano-Characterization Laboratory (NCL) an advanced sample characterization facility. These labs are open to all ICFO research groups. We are currently looking for an NFL Scientific Support Technician, who will join the team to provide scientific support to the laboratory users, following the directions of the NFL Scientific Officer and under the supervision of the NFL Operations Head.
The main responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide nanofabrication support and assistance.
- Perform basic materials and structures characterization, such as profilometry, optical microscopy, SEM and AFM.
- Perform micro- and nano-fabrication activities, including thin film deposition, spin coating, reactive ion etching, photolithography, electron beam lithography, etc, to develop and fine tune recipes and to fabricate proof of concept samples.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance works on some laboratory tools and support equipment.
- Train users in the use of laboratory tools.
- Contact with tool suppliers and vendors regarding materials and process development, doubts and troubleshooting.
- Write and update standard operating procedures (SOPs) and fabrication recipes, and report results and changes.
- Close collaboration with the other unit members.
The NFL facility is in the process to move to the new ICFO Mir-Puig building in 2022; as such, responsibilities also include:
- Support in preparing, moving and installing tools in the new NFL facility, ensuring a smooth transition and keeping down times to a minimum.
The appointee will preferably have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in applied Science, Engineering or similar.
- Minimum B2 English Level.
- Experience working in a clean room environment.
- Minimum 1+ year experience in a similar position, preferably in an international research and/or academic environment.
- Experience through a PhD in Applied Science, Engineering or similar, involving nanofabrication.
- Fundamental and hands-on knowledge of micro- and nano-fabrication technologies, processes and tools (lithography, thin film deposition, etching, etc) and associated metrologies and characterization techniques.
- Strong interest in process development.
- Ability to work in a fast-evolving international research environment.
- Service orientation, initiative, attention to detail, organizational commitment, team work.
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- The opportunity to become a member of a dynamic and internationally recognized research institution.
- Full-Time permanent position.
- Salary according to the institutional salary scales.
- ICFO is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Candidates are selected exclusively on merit and potential on the basis of submitted application material. No restrictions of persons with disabilities, citizenship or gender apply to ICFO positions. ICFO abides by the principles of openness, efficiency, transparency, supportiveness, and international comparability as stated in the European Charter for Researchers and the European Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. This contract will be funded by the European Union NextGenerationEU/PRTR.
How to apply
The formal application should be submitted online via http://jobs.icfo.eu.
Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
- Presentation letter with a declaration of interest.
- Curriculum Vitae, including contact details.
Candidates should be willing to be contacted by phone during the selection process and may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for formal inquiries regarding the application. The call will remain open until suitable candidates are identified. For updated information about ICFO, please visit http://www.icfo.eu/
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 3
08860 Castelldefels, Spanien
Want to share your own job opportunity?