As part of his research in Discrete Optimization with quantum computers, we are hiring a post-doc researcher who will support the study of the adequacy between the method, the physical implementation, and the studied problem. The postdoctoral researcher will work closely with senior staff scientists of JUNIA and IEMN.
The candidate will first consider general problems and define their level of adaptation to quantum machines. Considering his preference, he will focus on a more applicable problem related to logistics or related to production or project scheduling. The candidate is also offered the opportunity to collaborate with part of the ETHICS laboratory, in the reflection on societal and ethical issues raised by recent developments in quantum computing in general.
Requirements and eligibility criteria:
- Strong Mathematical Programming skills with a preference for quadratic modeling and with experience in constraint relaxation is essential.
- Quantum algorithm knowledge is valuable.
- Some abilities in Python language are also expected. Some C++ and/or RUST programming skills are a plus.
- Curiosity in quantum technologies and generally in IT is very welcome.
- Intellectual openness to interdisciplinary dialogue, curiosity, and willingness to reflect on the societal aspects is required.
How to apply
Salaries for JUNIA Postdoctoral positions are assigned by the Selection Committee, based on experience and seniority of the applicant. The contract is offered for a period of 2 years.
Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
- Presentation letter with a declaration of interest,
- Curriculum Vitae.
Candidates will be assessed as they apply and the call will remain open until the suitable candidate is identified. Candidates may address scientific enquiries to Samuel.Deleplanque@junia.com
41 boulevard Vauban
59800 Lille, Frankreich
Want to share your own job opportunity?