We are excited to announce a unique opportunity to join our research team at the University Research Facility for Transmission Electron Microscopy (USTEM) of TU Wien, Austria. We are currently in the process of establishing an ultra-fast transmission electron microscope (TEM) dedicated to advancing electron quantum optics research. In order to support this ambitious project, we are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with expertise in transmission electron microscopy and a keen interest in developing skills related to the adaptation and improvement of cutting-edge TEM technology. As a member of our team, you will have the chance to contribute to groundbreaking research in technology development for interferometric magnetic field imaging and the study of electron-photon pairs. These areas of study are at the forefront of quantum science and technology and offer vast potential for scientific breakthroughs. Your work will play a crucial role in pushing the boundaries of electron microscopy and exploring the fascinating world of quantum phenomena.
In addition to the unique research opportunities, you will have the privilege of collaborating with an international team of experts within the renowned Vienna Center for Quantum Science and Technology (VCQ). This vibrant and dynamic research environment fosters interdisciplinary collaboration and offers access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources. It provides an excellent platform for intellectual growth and scientific networking. The ideal candidate for this position should possess a strong background in transmission electron microscopy, including hands-on experience with TEM instruments. Additionally, an eagerness to learn and develop skills related to the repair and adaptation of advanced TEM systems is highly desirable.
Key responsibilities of the Postdoc position include:
- Contributing to the establishment and optimization of the ultra-fast TEM setup.
- Conducting cutting-edge research in interferometric magnetic field imaging and electron-photon pairs.
- Collaborating with international team members to advance the field of electron quantum optics.
- Developing expertise in the adaptation and improvement of state-of-the-art TEM systems.
Applicants should hold a Ph.D. in a relevant field, show analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as effective communication and teamwork abilities, are essential for success in this role. The Postdoc position offers a salary based on the FWF salary scheme. The funding for this position has been secured until the end of 2025, with the possibility of extension.
How to apply
- Curriculum vitae (CV) highlighting your academic achievements, research experience, and relevant skills.
- A short cover letter outlining your research interests, relevant background, and motivation for joining our team (maximum one page).
- Copies of your most significant publications (maximum of three).
- Contact information for at least two professional references.
Please send your application materials to email@example.com - shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
1020 Vienna, Österreich
Want to share your own job opportunity?