Postdoc – theory of superconducting quantum devices
Palacký University Olomouc
The junior research group of Dr. Ondřej Černotík at Palacký University Olomouc invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher position. The successful candidate will conduct theoretical research at the interface of quantum optics, condensed matter physics, and quantum technology in quantum control of microwave cavity modes using nonlinear superconducting devices. The aim of the project is to develop new, highly efficient control techniques for manipulating bosonic qubit states in microwave cavity memories. The planned work will use a combination of analytical and numerical methods and be performed in close collaboration with the broader team of Prof. Radim Filip at Palacký University and the group of Prof. Steven Girvin at Yale University.
The ideal candidate has
- a PhD degree in theoretical quantum optics or condensed matter physics awarded within the last three years,
- experience simulating open quantum systems using Python and Qutip or similar tools,
- at least two first-author publications or preprints,
- and a high level of English.
The position is for two years with flexible start, three-month probation period, and an evaluation after one year; an extension is possible depending on research performance. The monthly salary is 50,000–75,000 CZK before tax (approximately 2,000–3,000 EUR) depending on previous experience and performance.
Palacký University Olomouc is one of the leading institutions in the field of quantum optics and quantum information in the Czech Republic and Central Europe. This research is supported by active international collaborations, systematic training, networking, and outreach activities. The junior group is hosted within the larger theory team of Prof. Radim Filip. This diverse and international team (consisting of over 25 faculty, permanent staff, postdoctoral researchers, PhD students, and undergraduate students) offers career development, individual support by experienced senior researchers, and an innovative and inspirational atmosphere.
How to apply
- cover letter outlining how the candidate fulfils the listed requirements and their plans for the position (limit two pages),
- CV and a complete list of publications,
- copy of the candidateâs dissertation,
- contact details of two senior scientists who can provide references upon request.
Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and continue until all position is filled. Please note that other material might be requested at any point during the hiring process.
Palacký University Olomouc
17. listopadu 1192/12
77900 Olomouc, Tschechische Republik
Want to share your own job opportunity?