Quantum Motion, a fast-growing quantum computing start-up based in London, is looking to recruit an experienced quantum engineer to join the Quantum Hardware team and contribute to the development of a scalable quantum computer based on silicon technology.
The position will involve developing and demonstrating scalable coherent control strategies for silicon spin qubits to achieve quantum logic operations across arrays.
Experience in the dynamical characterisation and control of spins in solid-state systems is essential. No previous experience in silicon-based nanoelectronic devices is required although familiarity with silicon quantum electronics concepts is desirable.
• Develop and demonstrate coherent control of silicon spin qubits to achieve quantum logic operations
• Contribute to the design of scalable silicon-based quantum circuits
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
• PhD degree in physics, chemistry, or engineering
• Proven record of experience in dynamical characterisation and control of spins in solid-state systems (e.g. using pulsed ESR/EPR, NMR)
• Familiar with the use of high-frequency electronics: AWGs, MW signal generators, IQ (de)modulators
• Knowledge of quantum information systems and operations
• Ability to independently design and carry out complex experiments; perform data analysis and preparation of technical reports and presentations
• Knowledge of data acquisition software (Python, Matlab).
• Ability to work in a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with the use of deep cryogenic measurement systems
• Experience with the dynamical characterisation silicon-based nanoelectronic devices
• Knowledge and experience in nanofabrication
• Ability to supervise research students
How to apply
Send your application at firstname.lastname@example.org
, United Kingdom
Published on July 30, 2020