The Laboratoire des Matériaux Avancés (LMA) now part of the Institut de Physique des 2 infinis de Lyon (IP2I) is a world renowned laboratory specialised in large very low loss optics in France.
LMA is now looking for a research engineer to upgrade an existing very high finesse Fabry-Perot cavity (Finesse ~350 000, 1.5m long) in the LMA clean room. In the new setup, the sapphire mirrors will be mounted on motorised stages to be able to study the optical losses as a function of the position of the incident laser beam. Correlations with surface roughness and direct scattered measurement will be made.
• A Ph.D. or equivalent professional experience in a related area
• Experience in low loss optics and Fabry-Perot cavities
• Practice in automation of experimental setup
• A knowledge of Matlab even if not mandatory will be a plus
• Good communication skills and strong ability to work independently
• The position is first for 1 year which could be extended twice (total 3 years)
• The salary will be based on experiences according the University of Lyon I salary scale.
How to apply
• Applicants should send their CV (including a list of publications and a short summary of their scientific work) to Jerome Degallaix by e-mail: email@example.com. • They should also provide the contact details for two referees.
Published on June 09, 2020