ICFO’s KTT unit is expanding its team through a key appointment. The applicant will work in ICFO’s KTT unit, acting as Project Portfolio Manager in the quantum sector. A KTT Project Portfolio Manager at ICFO organizes and promotes the activities of ICFO’s portfolio of technologies in a given area. We are looking for an individual with broad experience who can seek out key partnerships and build strong relationships.
Their main tasks will be organizing and promoting the activities in the targeted sector, including:
– Interact directly with Group Leaders to accelerate the commercial prospects of ICFO technology.
– Perform prospective technological studies and benchmarking of the state of the art of the targeted technological sectors of interest.
– Manage a patent portfolio through active promotion, marketing and licensing inventions and technologies.
– Evaluate the commercial potential of the portfolio of inventions, discoveries and research initiatives.
– Draft and negotiate contractual terms with industrial partners.
– Seek for public and private funding; identify opportunities and brief management.
– Manage LaunchPad projects.
– Establish relationships with potential allies, companies, other research institutions, and investors.
– Serve as the primary day-to-day contact for external partners and resources.
– Proactively attend networking events and related activities to strengthen the links between ICFO and different types of companies and allies.
The appointee will preferably have:
– Secured a Master or a PhD degree in a relevant area of Science or Engineering, with demonstrated experience in industry or in technology transfer.
– A demonstrated track record in IP management and licensing, project management or business development of research results.
– Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
– An ability to understand and appreciate the implications of contractual terms.
– An eye for detail, responsibility, eager to learn attitude, creativity.
– Willingness and motivation to work hard.
– A strong desire for personal growth, professional development and success.
– Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the different events and activities.
Additionally, they will be:
– Able to perform tasks independently or as part of a team.
– Able to meet deadlines and proactively follow up on assignments.
– Fluent in English.
– The opportunity to become a member of a young and internationally recognized research institution.
– Permanent position after probation period.
– Salary according to the institutional salary scales.
– ICFO is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Candidates are selected exclusively on merit and potential on the basis of submitted application material. No restrictions of persons with disabilities, citizenship or gender apply to ICFO positions. ICFO abides by the principles of openness, efficiency, transparency, supportiveness, and international comparability as stated in the European Charter for Researchers and the European Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
How to apply
The formal application should be submitted online via http://jobs.icfo.eu.Suitable candidates are requested to submit: - Presentation letter with a declaration of interest. - Curriculum Vitae, including full address, a contact phone number and e-mail address.Candidates should be willing to be contacted by phone during the selection process and may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for informal inquiries regarding the application.The call will remain open until suitable candidates are identified.For updated information about ICFO, please visit http://www.icfo.eu/
Mediterranean Technology Park, Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 3,
08860 Castelldefels (Barcelona), Spain
Published on January 24, 2020