The Institute for Theoretical Physics at the University of Ulm invites applications for PhD and postdoctoral positions in theoretical quantum physics.
Several openings will be available in the recently awarded 5 year Reinhart Koselleck Project of the German Research Council to Prof Martin Plenio for which we are seeking applicants with an interest in
– signal processing methods applied to nanoscale NMR and quantum sensing,
– quantum sensing with colour centers in diamond, and
– DNP based on diamond quantum technologies.
Furthermore, we are seeking applicants to work in the general areas of the group
– the theory of quantum information, entanglement and coherence, and thermodynamics,
– diamond quantum technologies for sensing, QIP and simulation and medical imaging,
– open quantum systems and control,
– quantum optics with a focus on time-multiplexed optical networks,
– quantum effects in biology,
– quantum many body systems and control, and
– quantum simulators in atomic, molecular and optical systems.
in collaboration with Prof. Susana Huelga
More details on our research lines are available at http://qubit-ulm.com/research/ and at http://qubit-ulm.com/category/publications/
As a member of the Institute of Theoretical Physics, you will be a part of a diverse world-leading team and will have the opportunity to work on challenging and important problems in quantum physics including the above-mentioned topics of focus. The group has a longstanding track record of successful cooperation with experimental teams in and out of Ulm. Collaborations within the framework on the Center for Integrated Quantum Science and Technology (IQST https://iqst.org/) including local start-up NVision Imaging Technologies are also encouraged.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted preferably before 01 September 2019 or otherwise anytime throughout the year at http://qubit-ulm.com/category/vacancies/ .
Institute of Theoretical Physics
University of Ulm, Albert-Einstein-Allee 11,
D-89069 Ulm, Germany
Published on July 12, 2019