Current call to the community:
We are bringing together quantum professionals from different walks of quantum education, research, and industry to help define the future of Europe’s quantum workforce as the second quantum revolution unfolds.
Join one or more of the new working groups (WGs) on the following topics:
- WG1: QT educational initiatives for primary and secondary school, and outreach | Meeting 8.03.21
- WG2: QT educational initiatives in higher education | Meeting 10.03.21
- WG3: Lifelong learning in QT (quantum workforce (re)training) | Meeting 11.03.21
- WG4: (Transversal) Educational research | Meeting 9.03.21
- WG5: (Transversal) Equity and inclusion in QT | Meeting 12.03.21
Save the dates! The first meetings of the WGs will be held during the week of 8-12 March 2021 from 14:00-16:00.
Read more about the groups and register here. The information will be collected and managed by the QTEdu CSA. If you have questions don’t hesitate to contact Jacob Sherson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Oxana Mishina (email@example.com).
Why the QTEdu CSA?
The purpose of this project is to assist the European Quantum Flagship with the creation of the learning ecosystem necessary to inform and educate society about quantum technologies. The goal is that a quantum-ready society, with knowledge about and positive attitudes towards quantum technologies, will enable the emergence of a quantum-ready workforce.
The quantum community, in their Strategic Research Agenda, called for this CSA due to an immediate need for coordinated public education and outreach efforts at all levels ranging from schools, through universities, and up to the working environment and general public.
The current QTEdu CSA was founded as a result of the European call “FETFLAG-07-2020 Training and Education on Quantum Technologies” and runs from September 2020 to August 2022.
- Community building and infrastructure support
- Kick-start pan-European pilot programs for school and university students, industry, and the general public.
- Bottom-up construction of a roadmap towards a Pan-European Quantum Workforce
Work packages, partners and contacts:
|WP1: Building the Quantum Education Community||Aarhus University (AU), Denmark||Jacob Sherson - co-coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|WP2: Infrastructure service: QTEdu online repository, WP5: Management||Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR), Italy - Coordinator||Chiara Macchiavello - coordinator (email@example.com), Oxana Mishina (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|WP3: Competence framework||Technische Universität Braunschweig (TUBS), Germany||Rainer Müller - co-coordinator (email@example.com)|
|WP4: Pilot programs||Technische Universiteit Delft (TU Delft), Netherlands||Grazia Bastasin (G.Bastasin@tudelft.nl)|
- Project description by the European Commission
- 4 min Video presentation of the Project work packages
- Twitter account @QTEduCSA