SAVE THE DATE: EU – Canada Workshops coming on May 3rd and 31st, 2021
On the occasion of the launch of the Horizon Europe work programm, a public workshop will be dedicated to the presentation of the joint Research call Programm on Quantum Technologies between Europe and Canada, with the possibility to have dedicated networking to share experiences and form new partnerships.
EU-CAN workshop is scheduled in two parts
- On May 3rd 2021, 4 pm – 6 pm (Brussels – CEST) / 10 am – 12 am (Ottawa – EDT), an Online presentation of the joint call with the European Commission and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) and live Questions & Answers.
- On May 31st 2021, 4 pm – 6 pm (Brussels – CEST) / 10 am – 12 am (Ottawa – EDT), the Project pitches and networking session.
Participation is free but registration is mandatory.
- Link for registration to May 3rd session
- Registered participants will receive the connection link a few days before the event.
Stay tuned for more information on the agendas and participants!
EU-Canada Workshop: CALL FOR PITCHES
Following the May 3rd 2021 EU-Canada workshop, a follow-up session on May 31st, 2021 will be dedicated to project networking, with keynote speakers and project pitches.
This session will provide the opportunity to a maximum of 6 European and 6 Canadian project investigators to present bilateral collaborative projects objectives in a short three-minute pitch.
All submitted pitches will be made available after the workshop on Flagship’s official website qt.eu. However not all pitches will be presented during this workshop due to the number of submissions and time constraints.
Thus, all pitches shall be recorded, in compliance with image rights and GDPR rules authorization and pitch, candidates are requested to attend both the workshop on May 3rd and the networking session.
Your pitch is expected to explain the following:
- The objective of the project/ topic addressed
- The expected impact of the project
- PI’s expertise
- What complementary skills are sought in the bilateral team?
Pitch submission process:
- Abstract: deadline April 28th, 2021 – 17:00 CET/11 am EDT. Click here to submit short summary of the pitch at the latest April 23rd 2021 17:00 CET (“link soon available”).
- Pitch video: deadline May 7th, 2021 – 17:00 CET/11 am EDT. Record a video of the pitch either independently or with InCoQFlag support:
- Send your pitch video at the latest on May 7th, 2021 to email@example.com (use WeTransfer). Quality requirements are detailed below.
- If you need support for recording, click here (“link soon available”) to select a date between May 4th and May 7th.
- Main quality requirements:
- The video must NOT exceed 3 minutes
- The image quality of 1020p or full HD
- Landscape view
The abstract and recorded pitch shall be submitted before the deadlines.
The organizers also offer a one-hour networking virtual cocktail session after the workshop (schedule to be confirmed).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 952223
More News?All News
April 9th, 2021
Draft position paper on Quantum Photonic Integrated Circuits
The draft position paper on Quantum Photonic Integrated Circuits is available for download now. The document has been elaborated by the joint focus group between Photonics 21 and the Quantum Flagship.
April 9th, 2021
Requirements for future quantum workforce: Third round of the survey
The Education Coordination and Support Action (QTEdu CSA) of the Quantum Flagship, in collaboration with the QuIC, are carrying out a joint survey on the desired competencies and skills of the future quantum workforce. The third and final round is starting just now.
April 8th, 2021
EU-Canada Workshops: Save the date & Call for pitches
On the occasion of the launch of the Horizon Europe work programme, a public workshop will be dedicated to the presentation of the joint Research call Programme on Quantum Technologies between Europe and Canada with keynote speakers and project pitches.