IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. We have grown to 80+ employees and have established a subsidiary in Munich, Germany. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
By joining IQM, you will enter a deep tech company driving disruptive advancements in Quantum computing. We are a world-class team of quantum physicists, engineers, and computer experts working together to create new value for quantum computing. We are strongly integrated into the European quantum efforts and our international team is connected to business leaders and high-tech companies around the globe. Together, we aim to shape the future by developing disruptive technologies for quantum computing. IQM has established an office in Munich, Germany and we are growing our co-design team there.
What will I be doing?
You will lead the efforts of IQM Germany in design, verification and testing of cryogenic RF devices. Fields of interest are, but are not limited to, design of travelling wave parametric amplifiers and Josephson parametric amplifiers. You will perform requirements engineering and interface definition, design for tests, hands-on testing, as well as performance and design verification. Here you will resolve anomalies that occur during integration and device tests at cryogenic temperatures below 4 Kelvin.
You will also work with external partners in the specification and development of cryogenic RF devices.
You will support the project team in a particular R&D topic area aiming to deliver a novel type of a superconducting quantum computer. The topic areas include but are not limited to quantum processor design and modeling, control system and software development, optimized characterization and operation of qubit systems, and system engineering.
You will start your journey as part of the Finnish Design and Simulation team to get in touch with IQMs most experienced device design engineers.
Your role requires a strong background in science, technology, and device design, and you have the capacity to instruct and train more junior team members in the future as well as to contribute to the hands-on R&D work as needed.
What skills do I need?
– PhD in electrical engineering, physics, or similar field
– Strong knowledge and expertise on design of superconducting circuits (SQUIDs, Qubits, Mixers), especially on Josephson junctions
– Knowledge on SFQ logic and design principles
– Expertise in amplifier design
– 2+ years of working experience in experimental/theoretical microwave engineering, ideally at cryogenic temperatures
– Knowledge or experience with quantum computation and quantum algorithms (beneficial)
– Experience in a corporate lab, government lab, or other managed research setting (beneficial)
– You feel comfortable in a team-oriented, distributed development environment
– You keep your skills and knowledge fresh and are always eager to learn more
– You create elegant solutions amidst complexity
– You care deeply about building and keeping the internal and external quality of your work high
– You understand how to balance current needs with future scalability and extensibility
– You are a natural leader
What can I expect at IQM?
IQM offers a truly unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum computing. You’ll work in a VC funded company that is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers.
You will have all the development opportunities of a growing business, and the unique opportunity to make a serious impact on a growing organization.
In addition to this, you’ll work with a truly talented and diverse team.
If you have any questions, please send an email to the hiring manager (Alexia López) at email@example.com
How to apply
Please attach your CV and some work examples/portfolio via IQM website https://iqm.teamtailor.com/jobs/1133405-senior-quantum-device-design-engineer-m-w-d
Published on April 09, 2021