BASF SE offers a temporary PhD position from 01.01.2021 that aims at developing workflows for molecular quantum-chemistry applications on quantum computers. In the position, scientific work will be performed at the Ludwigshafen site.
Your contract will be with BASF SE as the employer. Co-supervision will take place with the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg.
– You will work in a multi-disciplinary project and collaborate with internal and external partners, also from academia.
– The project team altogether covers all aspects from basic operations in quantum computing via algorithm development to chemistry applications on quantum computers.
– Scientific coaching will be provided by experienced scientists at BASF Ludwigshafen, additional insight into the topic will be gained from the project partners.
– Furthermore, you will promote your research and represent the project team at international conferences.
– successfully completed master’s degree or diploma in physics or physical chemistry
– experienced in quantum physics and programming skills (e.g. Python)
– ideally, background in applying quantum computing to quantum chemistry as well as in quantum algorithm research
– motivated to work in a highly interdisciplinary environment between chemistry, physics and computing
– fluent in spoken and written German and English
How to apply
Further information and application via our job portal:https://basf.jobs/light_green_EU/job/Ludwigshafen-PhD-student-Quantum-Computing-for-Quantum-Chemistry-mfd-67059/621843801/
Published on October 07, 2020