As the second quantum revolution unfolds across the globe, developing a strong European Quantum Technology ecosystem is central for bringing forward innovative breakthroughs in science and technology and shaping the industry and the society we live in. The European Quantum Industry Consortium (QuIC) is a non-for-profit association and it is the voice of the European Quantum Industry and its mission is to represent, promote and stimulate the common interests of the Europe-based quantum industry towards the European Institutions and its stakeholders. QuIC will be represented by its Executive Director, assisted by a secretariat, positions that are part of Forschungszentrum Jülich or more specifically part of Peter Grünberg Institute – Quantum Control (PGI-8). Be part of the Second Quantum Revolution and join our team as Executive Assistant of the European Quantum Industry Consortium.
Your JobAs a successful candidate, you will work for the QuIC Secretariat. You will be in charge of the membership and financial administration, support communications and organisation of meetings and events, and provide overall support to the Executive Director in the association back-office administrative tasks. You will report directly to the QuIC Executive Director and will work in a small and dynamic team. The QuIC Executive Assistant performs the following tasks in close collaboration with the Executive Director:
- Membership administration: Including the management and maintenance of the register of members and all relevant documentation, day-to-day contact with members for administrative purposes; management of distribution lists; contact point for the info email account; membership updates; managing new applications for membership; producing statistics & reports for the Executive Director and the Governing Board.
- Financial administration: Assist the Treasurer and the Executive Director in general financial management tasks, like collecting and administering the membership fees, and processing invoices and reimbursements in an accurate and timely manner; assist in preparing the annual action plan, budget and financial reports.
- Communications and organisation of events: Including (but not limited to) operational daily communications tasks, such as website content management, newsletters, management of social media channels, production of communication materials and supporting the organisation of seminars, conferences and summits.
- Organization of meetings: Supporting the organisation of meetings (e.g. Governing Board, General Assembly, Working Groups, etc.); logistics for the meetings and conference calls; producing minutes and reports. Attend events and meetings to provide administrative and logistical support.
- Administrative and organisational support to the Executive Director; support to other tasks such as correspondence and answer enquiries, documentation management, development of internal surveys, etc.
- University degree ideally in the field of business administration or similar
- Professional experience in a comparable role and setting, exposed in a multinational context
- Ability to work independently and self-organized, as part of a team, and members and community-oriented
- High attention to accuracy and details, having the ability to meet deadlines and juggling of multiple requests and tasks, results-oriented; ability to work in a virtual environment
- Professionalism, integrity and discretion in handling sensitive and/or confidential information
- Eligible to work in Germany/Belgium, available to relocate in Germany/Belgium and travel on an occasional basis.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in coordinating event logistics.
- Excellent communication skills in English, additional European languages are advantageous.
- Approachable manner and ability to answer a wide range of inquiries in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Excellent ICT skills with experience of using Microsoft Office applications.
Our offerWe work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We support you in your work with:
- Access to a vibrant network of professionals.
- An international and multicultural work environment in an exciting and dynamic technological field.
- Possibility of travelling to networking events.
- Full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours and 30 days of annual leave.
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service.
- Attractive remuneration package to be commensurate according to the candidate’s qualifications in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
- Two years initial mandate, to be extended upon Governing Board decision. The office is based in Jülich (DE) and Brussels (BE). The work will have to be rendered where needed, at the office, and depending on meetings.
Please note that active employment with a member of the Association cannot be continued once the employment at Forschungszentrum Jülich starts.
For questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that for technical reasons we cannot accept applications via email.
Forschungszentrum Jülich promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations. We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
How to apply
Please submit your application (CV + Motivation Letter) directly via Forschungszentrum Jülich’s online application portal: https://www.fz-juelich.de/SharedDocs/Stellenangebote/_common/dna/2021-088-EN-PGI-8.html?nn=363488 Please note that for technical reasons applications via email or any other channel will not be considered. For further questions, please, send an email to email@example.com. Deadline: Applications will be received until April 25th, 2021.
European Quantum Industry Consortium
1060 Brussels, Belgium
Published on March 26, 2021