We are seeking an excellent atomic physicist to work within our technical team, to take the lead on aspects of our experimental development. The ideal candidate should have a PhD in AMO physics or other related field, come with good references and be able to show examples of high skill or talent in this field. We are particularly interested in candidates with prior experience in setting up warm or cold atom, BEC or spectroscopy experiments, or candidates who have built frequency-doubled fiber laser systems from-off the-shelf components.
● Take responsibility for bringing experimental projects to a successful completion. These projects may include:
○ working with universities, suppliers and contractors to develop integrated vapour cells and other components,
○ building, developing and industrialising novel fiber laser setups,
○ building novel spectroscopy setups,
○ investigating and implementing new quantum memory protocols,
○ engineering projects focused on delivering better performance, reliability ruggedness and/or operability of prototype systems.
● Work with other team members, project manager and finance team to facilitate the smooth running of current and future projects. This may include:
○ brainstorming new project ideas,
○ proposal and patent writing,
○ developing budgets for future work,
○ developing accurate risk registers,
○ issue reporting and problem solving,
○ should the candidate find this interesting – getting involved in the engineering or commercial/business side of new inventions, including developing market cases and investor demonstrations or pitches.
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV/resume to: email@example.com
, United Kingdom
Published on October 09, 2020