Riverlane’s mission is to make quantum computing useful far sooner than previously imaginable, starting an era of human progress as significant as the industrial and digital revolutions. Large and reliable quantum computers have the potential to turn fields like clean energy, drug design and aerospace upside down. We’re building the Operating System for these pioneering new machines, leading the world to tackle quantum computing’s defining challenge: error correction. We’re growing fast and making remarkable progress.
About the role
As a software engineer, you will work on the software management layer above the quantum control system. This layer is responsible for maintaining the health of the heterogeneous system as well as the interaction with the end user. You will design and own parts of this stack and get it working on real customer systems. You will engage with our other product teams to guarantee cross-compatibility, performance, and quality of our solutions.
What you will do
You will build tools for physicists and engineers to supercharge their processes that make quantum computers more reliable and more accurate. You will:
– Turn their processes into well-defined, optimized workflows
– Design and implement well-defined APIs and interfaces that allow easy integration into customer systems
– Implement and productionize cutting-edge calibration algorithms using physics, statistical, and ML models
– Design and implement data infrastructure and pipelines
You do not need a background in quantum computing – you will learn everything you need here.
What we need
– Experience with building and shipping software
– Experience developing frameworks or libraries
– Experience programming in Python, and C++ or Rust
– Ability to work with a range of people with diverse skillsets and backgrounds
– Experience in team-based software development. This could be from industry, university, or research labs
– Experience in standard development tools such as Git, DevOps, CI, etc.
– Some understanding of hardware
How to apply
Please apply via https://www.riverlane.com/job/software-engineer-1
59 St Andrew’s Street,
CB2 3BZ Cambridge, United Kingdom
Published on March 04, 2023