The team of Experimental Quantum Communications in York has recently been awarded funding from the
Quantum Communications Hub for a project to investigate and develop Twin-Field Quantum Key Distribution (TF-QKD), a novel technique to dramatically extend the QKD transmission range.
The research associate will work in a stimulating environment in brand new labs and with expert colleagues to achieve the goals of the project through a curiosity-driven approach.
Key responsibilities include:
• To conduct individual and collaborative research on TF-QKD, duties to include: procurement of
material; setup of the experiment; analysis and interpretation of the data; use of appropriate research
techniques and methods; writing up of research results and dissemination through publications,
seminar and conference presentations; public engagement and outreach activities.
• To provide guidance to other staff and students, as required, as well as coordinating the work of small
• Communicate and collaborate with project partners and other experts in the classical and quantum
• Support the preparation, production and submission of project reports.
• Extend the scope of the research into other relevant fields in quantum communications.
• Contributing to the identification of possible new areas of research and to the consequent preparation
of research proposals and applications to external bodies.
How to apply
For more information and a link to the online application form, please visit https://jobs.york.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=3885&p_web_page_id=454098
, United Kingdom
Published on August 06, 2021