C12 Quantum Electronics develops reliable & application-specific quantum computers, to solve highly complex computing tasks, currently out of reach of even most powerful supercomputers.
Building a quantum computer still needs innovators ready to tackle exciting challenges. C12 founders are convinced that only a new material for the qubit will bring a technological breakthrough.
C12 Quantum Electronics uniquely uses carbon nanotubes as the fundamental building blocks of its quantum processor. This high-purity material minimizes errors, radically improves performance and reduces hardware overhead for fault-tolerant computing. Combined with well-established semiconductor techniques, carbon nanotubes will help scale quantum computing, in the vein of what silicon meant for classical computing.
Founded in 2020, C12 Quantum Electronics is a fast-growing start-up, having raised a Seed round of USD 10 million in June 2021 and building its own lab space in the centre of Paris.
Your role in C12 Quantum Electronics
We are looking for a nanofabrication engineer for the fabrication of printed circuits chips in the cleanroom. These printed circuits enable the control & read-out of our qubits and include superconducting resonators as well as superconducting & magnetic gate electrodes. Your job will include :
– Nanofabrication of quantum devices
Identification of potential limiting factors to the precise control of nanofabrication
– Maintain and ensure the throughput and the yield of the wafer production
– Working closely with other teams to improve the overall circuit performance
– Creating, developing and maintaining the process – documentation
– You will collaborate with researchers and engineers (in quantum physics, nanotechnologies and quantum information) to develop the hardware platform of C12. You will be involved in solving complex, long-term quantum engineering challenges.
– Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Nanotechnology, Nanoscience, Quantum Physics, Experimental Physics or a related field
– Previous experience performing multi-step nanofabrication autonomously in a cleanroom with the following processes:
– Electron-beam lithography of precisely defined sub-micron features (highly-appreciated)
– Wafer-scale photolithography with a micron-resolution
– Experience of developing and improving new nanofabrication recipes
– Meticulous attention to detail and ability to execute a standard recipe accurately.
– English language written and spoken mandatory : English is the language commonly used within C12’s R&D Teams
For those who wish to apply, please send your CV in English
You should join us if
– You want to contribute to achieve landmark results in quantum computing, making a difference in the emerging quantum technologies
– You want to work within a 25-people team with various backgrounds in nano-fabrication, quantum electronics and carbon nanotube science to materialize the vision of a revolutionary quantum computing processor
– You want to thrive in an exceptional scientific environment with several industrial and academic partners
– You relate to our values (excellence, scientific integrity, diversity, curiosity and care) and want to help us define our product-focus culture and ambition to accelerate
C12 Quantum Electronics’ unique technology
At C12 Quantum Electronics, a qubit, the fundamental functional unit of a quantum computer, is built from an ultra-pure carbon nanotube suspended above a silicon chip containing control electrodes and a quantum communication bus. Spin qubits coupled to a microwave cavity brings interesting perspectives for their individual control and manipulation as well as for the circuit architecture. A suspended isotopically pure 12C nanotube holds great promises in terms of stability, as it reduces all sources of decoherence (charge noise, nuclear spin noise, phonon relaxation).
C12 Quantum Electronics encourages all who feel qualified to apply. Recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience.
Join the quantum race and contact: email@example.com
How to apply
Please send your CV directly to careers`@C12qe.com or apply through our website :
Published on July 11, 2022