The scope of the workshop is to discuss impurity physics and transport in ultracold synthetic quantum matter as well as solid-state systems in order to find synergies among the different communities and to identify common goals.
In additional to presentations by young and senior researchers, we shall have parallel sessions consisting of small groups discussing specialised topics as well as identify new challenges and ideas for the field.
The workshop will take place from Monday, May 20, to Friday, May 24, 2019, in the Lorentz Center at Leiden (The Netherlands). We note that the success of the workshop would benefit from all participants staying for the full duration of the workshop, or at least a large fraction of it.
The deadline for the registration is Sunday, February 3, 2019. We note that since the maximum number of participants cannot exceed 55, only a limited number of places are available. Applicants will be informed about their application not later than Sunday, February 24, 2019.
Confirmed invited speakers:
- Jan Arlt (Aarhus University)
- Jean-Philippe Brantut (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne)
- Antoine Browaeys (Institut d’Optique)
- Georg Bruun (Aarhus University)
- Jean Sebastian Caux (University of Amsterdam)
- Cristiane de Morais Smith (Utrecht University)
- Eugene Demler (Harvard University)
- Thomas Ebbesen (University of Strasbourg)
- Francesca Ferlaino (University of Innsbruck)
- Atac Imamoglu (ETH Zürich)
- Dieter Jaksch (University of Oxford))
- Corinna Kollath (University of Bonn)
- Klaus Mølmer (Aarhus University)
- Hanns-Christoph Nägerl (University of Innsbruck)
- Nikolaj Prokof’ev (University of Massachusetts Amherst)
- Christophe Salomon (École Normale Supérieure)
- Tobias Schaetz (University of Freiburg)
- Florian Schreck (University of Amsterdam)
- Juliette Simonet (University of Hamburg)
- Päivi Törmä (Aalto University)
- Rene Gerritsma (University of Amsterdam)
- Thierry Giamarchi (University of Geneva)
- Rudolf Grimm (University of Innsbruck)
- Antonio Negretti (University of Hamburg)