Winter school: Collective Effects, structured light and Quantum matter04.03 → 08.03 2019 | Haus der Bayrischen Landwirtschaft Germany
This winter school is a residential school for young researchers (predoctoral, to early post doctoral) working in the areas of cold atoms, out-of-equilibrium quantum physics and quantum technologies, organized by the European Training Network ColOpt. The venue is in Herrsching am Ammersee near Munich in the scenic alpine foreland. The programme includes research presentations and interactive sessions of esteemed speakers and a young scientist workshop with talks from rising stars. In line with the inter-sectorial strategy of ColOpt, career talks give an overview on careers in quantum technology and laser development, non-academic research institutes and career paths outside of core physics. Delegates will have the opportunity to present posters. The best student poster submissions will be invited to give oral presentations within the young scientist workshop.
Main scientific speakers:
– Andrew Forbes (University of Witwatersrand and Johannesberg): Manipulating Structured Light
– Tilmann Esslinger (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology-Zürich): Building quantum systems from scratch: supersolids and more
– Susanne Yelin (University of Connecticut, Harvard University): Collective Scattering
– Francesco Piazza (Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems Dresden): Correlated light-atom interactions
– Peter Barker (University College London): Levitated Optomechanics and cooling to the quantum limit